Open Call: Infographics
Submissions are invited from artists, illustrators and designers for a forthcoming exhibition of intelligent infographics at the Sho Gallery**, Cardiff. The exhibition is scheduled to coincide with the 2011 Cardiff Design Festival taking place in October (www.cardiffdesignfestival.org).
Artists are free to interpret any information that that they feel fit although submissions that address current social or political issues will be particularly welcome. Ultimately however, you should feel free to select a source of information because it inspires you whether it is pertinent to us today, or simply because you feel that it might just make a very cool informative visual.
Find those hidden connections and patterns that lie beneath the raw data and re-present the information in a dynamic way which helps us to better understand it. Inspire us, shock us, make us smile, educate and enlighten us.
It is expected that the majority of submissions will be two dimensional but all media will be considered. New approaches, new media and submissions in three dimensions and beyond are actively encouraged.
- Submit up to 3 works.
- Please only send low resolutions images of your work via email at this time (which should be saved as .jpg or .pdf files and be no larger than 1mb).
- A brief statement explaining the reason that you have selected the specific information that you have chosen to illustrate/interpret (maximum 100 words).
- A concise CV/bio including contact details.
- Details of work as appropriate, eg. Title, Media, Source.
- NB. Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines might not be considered.
Submissions should be emailed to exhibitions[a]eye-sore.co.uk no later than Friday 2 September 2011.
Top: Chris Glynn – ‘Modular Dog’
Front: Ninian Carter: ‘Transnationals’
**The project was originally due to be scheduled at the Milkwood Gallery but due to logistical reasons it has been relocated to the Sho Gallery (www.thesho.co.uk), also in Roath, Cardiff.