Well I finally finished my tee for Jazzcakes and hand delivered it to the lovely man with a moustache last weekend. For those of you don’t know, the Jazzcakes project involves 100 artists who were all given a tee shirt and asked to decorate, design or just generally transform it. Each artist was given a number from 1 to 100 (I got number 1!!) and this number had to incorporated into the overall design. The artists were asked to try to ensure that the tee remained wearable but this wasn’t a strict rule. Eventually there should be a couple of exhibitions to showcase the wide range of talents involved!
My effort became something of an EPIC labour of love. I hand stitched as many of the sequins on to the shirt as a I possibly could in the time given. It was difficult finding the time to sew so many sequins on in such a relatively short space of time given other commitments I had but I got there in the end. I didn’t count every single sequin because that would be stupid; however, I did estimate (based on 1 metre of sequins) that there were thousands and thousands of sequins sewn on by the end. I’ve attached a few cheeky teaser pictures for you to have a butchers at but you’ll have to wait and see the final piece when the exhibitions take place.